How to be a mentor.
Benefits for Employers
Mentoring is more than the transfer of advice, knowledge, and insight. It is a reciprocal relationship. Aside from gaining personal satisfaction from sharing your skills and experience with a willing learner, mentoring also has some very tangible benefits for mentors including:
- Connecting with the Brownsville community
- Helping raise awareness of specific careers in your industry, helping secure your future workforce
- Motivating students to decide to pursue a career in your sector and even apply for a job within your company
- Gaining exposure to fresh perspectives, ideas, and approaches
- Honing your own personal leadership and coaching style
- Sharing desired company behaviors and attitudes
- Engaging, retaining and developing performers
- Widening your contacts
- Recruiting talent at an early
Want to become a mentor?
At All In we are always looking for enthusiastic mentors from any industry who would like to contribute to our cause. Previous mentoring experience is not necessary, so why not join the movement and help us change Brownsville one student at a time? Contact us to learn more about our mentorship program and other ways to give. Or apply to host an intern.